Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd November 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||1st November 1971|
|Next episode||8th November 1971|
Albert asks Jerry to return his radio to get Radio Manchester but it’s too old to pick up VHF. Jerry suggests he tries a radio shop. The battery’s gone in Minnie’s radio and Albert tells her to meet him later for a trip out. Ken gets the phone number of the police station in Spain for Emily frets about Ernie and books a call. Elsie makes fun of the Ogdens not getting their television. Albert refuses to listen to the programme in the Rovers with the others listening to him. Stan goes back to the television shop and finds out he’s on a credit blacklist. Albert goes to the same shop and finds out they have VHF radios. Emily struggles on the phone with her Spanish and gets cut off. She tears a strip off Barney Shelton and he tells her that Willie Piggott is willing to pay for the flight to Spain, provided she returns with the photographs that Ernie took. Albert and Minnie go to the shop and listen to the “character of the week” slot. The other residents miss it as Betty has the Rovers radio tuned to the wrong station. Albert and Minnie leave the shop without buying anything once the show is over. Emily leaves for Spain. Jerry is annoyed when Ray overrules his views on which suppliers to use for a job for Willie Piggott. Alf and Lucille kid on to Albert that they heard his show before Ken gives the game away. Albert sulks. Betty says that Maggies received a call from Gordon's girlfriend to say that she’s coming up from London to see her.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Fairclough and Langton - Office
- The voice of the host on the Radio Manchester show is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: Albert becomes a radio personality.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (1st place).
|November 1971 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|