|ITV transmission date||8th November 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||3rd November 1971|
|Next episode||10th November 1971|
Maggie is worried about meeting Jennifer. Elsie is put up for promotion in Birmingham. Jennifer turns up and tells Maggie she's going to marry Gordon. Elsie's new job will be £1,800 a year. She doesn't know what to do and doesn't tell Alan. Irma has a mystery boyfriend. Maggie is put out by the way Jennifer talks about how she wants a better life than her.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop - Shop, back room
- Mark Brittain Warehouse
- Builder's Yard
- First appearance of Ivy Tilsley since 30th June 1971.
- TV Times synopsis: Maggie and Elsie both get pleasant surprises, but…!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,400,000 homes (7th place).
|November 1971 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|