Elsie tells Alan she's been put forward for a promotion in Solihull and wants to take it but he doesn't want to leave Weatherfield. Irma has taken on Stan's debt to Dave Smith and is finding it hard to pay him back. Jennifer Swann snubs Lucille. Elsie is given until Monday to decide if she's going to Solihull. Ray remembers knowing a Jenny Swann. Irma tells Stan she can't continue to pay the debt and that Dave has said Stan has to pay it. Alan doesn't like the thought of being dependent on Elsie's wages and tells her if she goes to Solihull she goes on her own.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Checking department
- Fairclough and Langton - Office and yard
- The scenes on the Grape Street set were OB recorded.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Elsie is tempted to leave the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (6th place).
|November 1971 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|