Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th January 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||3rd January 1962|
|Next episode||10th January 1962|
Annie is frightened to tell Jack about the money. The regulars gather at The Flying Horse in protest at Annie's actions. Jack plants £20 in the till to make amends. Dennis goes against Elsie's wishes and uses the phone in the Rovers. Annie tells Jack about the money.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- TV Times synopsis: Trade suffers a setback at the Rover's Return and the regulars drift away. Len and Harry lead a movement to find a new local but while Ena decides to stand out against the boycott. Annie Walker makes a discovery which alters everything
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,643,000 homes (2nd place).
|January 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st