|ITV transmission date||1st December 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||29th November 1971|
|Next episode||6th December 1971|
Stan tells Hilda they should pay Dave Smith back with the money. Ray organises a go-go evening at the Rovers in Annie's absence. Len tells Irma that Eddie is getting too old for football when he is dropped from a match. Emily is upset when Ernie's shop-front is smashed by hooligans. Lucille and Bet go-go for the regulars. Irma tries to take better care of Eddie. Stan is haunted by the £500.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug, back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Bonkers Club
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda and 'Ernie' versus Stan and his conscience.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,800,000 homes (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|December 1971 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|