Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd February 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||31st January 1972|
|Next episode||7th February 1972|
Stan's stomach is off from fear of flying. Billy and Jerry wind Hilda up about the sights they can see. Mrs Bates wonders if Terry is poorly. The Ogdens set off for their trip with a slanging match between Hilda and Elsie. Laura rings Alan again, insisting he sees Mark. Len thinks he should tell Elsie about the loan before she finds out herself. Albert is sorry to have missed the Ogdens and he wanted them to pass on messages to old friends he met in the First World War. Stan panics in the airport terminal and needs fresh air. While they are out, their flight is called and they miss it. Terry tells Ken that his mum has a sweet spot on him and asks to be put on the football team. It means him writing to Mrs Bates asking for Terry not to have household chores on a Saturday morning. The Ogdens start to spend the day in the airport bar, not wanting anyone to know they've missed the plane, and get drunk. Stan buys a beret from an airport shop. Ken gives Terry a letter to give to his mother. Elsie lets Minnie and Ena sit in her house for the night to watch television when she and Alan go out. Annie is still annoyed over Lucille's go-go dancing. Billy promises to have a word with her. Minnie pops into the Rovers for a miniature. The Ogdens return in the evening to the Street where they stagger into the Rovers and kid on they've been to France. Minnie returns to No.11 and finds Ena has put a kettle on the gas ring but not lit it. Minnie worries that the Community Centre is too much for her and worries about Ena's sanity when she talks about the Glad Tidings Mission Hall.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Mrs Bates - Barbara Mullaney
- Terry Bates - John Barratt
- Wilfred Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Barman - Patrick McGuigan
- Mark Hillkirk - Mark Adshead (Uncredited)
- Charlie Pickering - David Lott (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Bessie Street School - Classroom and corridor
- Rita Bates’ house - Living room
- Manchester Airport - Departure lounge, bar and runway
- A member of BEA staff at Manchester Airport is uncredited although she has a line of dialogue.
- The scenes within Manchester Airport were recorded in the studio and not on location.
- TV Times synopsis: A birthday "treat" for Hilda.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (4th place).
|February 1972 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|