|ITV transmission date||5th April 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||3rd April 1972|
|Next episode||10th April 1972|
Emily refuses to let the delay upset her and she sets out for the chapel, surprising everyone. Ernie follows Emily there and they are married. At the reception, Mavis takes a shine to Jerry. Ken reads the telegrams from Dave Smith, Jed Stone and Dennis Tanner. The Bishops honeymoon walking in Edale. Ray asks Vicki to marry him. She tells him she's pregnant.
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Miss Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Norah Seddon - Cynthia Michaelis
- Vicki Bright - Clare Sutcliffe
- Mr Hope - Robert Vahey
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Driver - Cyril Varley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and hallway
- Community Centre - Large Hall
- Mawdsley Street
- Mawdsley Street Chapel
- Final appearance of Daphne Oxenford as Esther Hayes.
- Last appearance of Mavis Riley until 4th June 1973.
- This episode features an unusual version of the closing theme tune by Steve Race and his orchestra from the 1963 LP Dance to the TV Themes in place of the usual Eric Spear arrangement. The full version can be heard here.
- The scenes of Ray Langton and Vicki Bright in the park were filmed in St. John's Gardens on Byrom Street in Manchester and were partially set to incidental music. The gardens are next to Granada Television's old Quay Street studios.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Stan get Ernest to the church on time?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,300,000 homes (2nd place). This was the most-watched episode of the year.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005. The tape that this episode was taken from was damaged and was missing two minutes, thirteen seconds at the end of part one as Ernest Bishop apologises to Mr Hope for being late, Vicki Bright feels unwell & Ray Langton leads her outside and the happy couple exchange a part of their vows. An complete version of the episode does exist in the archives of ITV and the BFI.
|April 1972 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|