Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th April 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||10th April 1972|
|Next episode||17th April 1972|
The Bishops are due home that night. Vicki looks for Ray to get her answer. Elsie tells her to think about what she wants too. The residents finish decorating under Annie's watchful eye, painting the ceiling of the living room of No.3 purple as she claims it's the "in-colour". Ken and Perkins coach the Bessie Street School team. Vicki tells Ray she'll do whatever he wants to do. She tries to convince herself adoption would be the best thing. Ken hears that the PE teacher's wife usually washes the boy's football kits. Perkins asks him to find a replacement. Ray looks for a flat for him and Vicki, telling Jerry they have no plans to get married immediately. Ken asks Albert to take the kits to the laundrette. Ena makes Ray realise that Vicki will always miss her child. Albert plays the "poor pensioner" and cons Ivy into washing the kit. Ray tells Vicki he wants the child. Albert gets Ivy to iron all the kit. Annie is delighted with the finished result at No.3. Annie and Hilda tell Len that Ray plans to live with Vicki. Ken avoids watching Manchester City to pick up tips. Len tries to put an upset Vicki off marrying Ray by saying he's not steady or reliable. She refuses to believe him. Ken finds the washed and iron kits. Albert takes all the credit and Ken takes him out for a double rum as a reward. Vicki tells Ray she can't marry him as it's too much of a gamble. Perkins finds Ken in the Rovers and tells him that he and James Dawson, the head of Regent's Road, have bet each other's 78rpm prize records that they will win. Ray tells Len he doesn't blame him as Vicki always knew her own mind. The Bishops arrive back and Ernie carries Emily over the threshold.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Vicki Bright - Clare Sutcliffe
- Wilfred Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Terry Bates - John Barratt (Credited as "John Barrett")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Fairclough and Langton - Office and yard
- Playing field
- After an eighteen-month break, Adele Rose returned as a regular scriptwriter for the programme with this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Vicky decides about her baby - and Ray.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (4th place).
|April 1972 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|