Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th April 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||19th April 1972|
|Next episode||26th April 1972|
Alan doesn't like the way Ivy is familiar with him. It is the day of the football match between Bessie Street School and Regent's Road. Terry Bates feels excluded as he's the reserve. Ivy can't work through worrying about Jack. Billy returns. Albert thinks a spectator at the match is a scout from Weatherfield County FC but he turns out to be a nostalgic father whose son turned once down a career in football. One of the boys, Rodney Smith, goes down with injury but Terry has gone missing so the team has to play a man short. Bessie Street wins the match. Ivy rows with Edna for not taking her in. Ken is worried about Terry and goes to Rita Bates's home as he thinks she had Terry running errands. He finds that's not the case. Rita is surprised when Ken tells her he is a widower and has children. Terry arrives home but leaves again when he hears Ken's voice. The hospital phone Annie to tell Hilda that Stan has had a crash in the lorry. Alan decides to speak to Jack Tilsley himself about Ivy. Ivy goes for Edna when she suggests romance is in the air with her and Alan. The boss, Johnny Fitzpatrick, catches them fighting and blames Elsie when he finds Alan in her office.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mrs Bates - Barbara Mullaney
- Terry Bates - John Barratt
- Mark Hillkirk - Mark Adshead
- Rodney Smith - Sean Flanagan
- Mr Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Mary - Sheila Price
- Flo - Brenda Elder
- Annabel - Leanne O'Neill
- Spectator - Frank Crompton
- James Dawson - Keith Marsh
- Johnny Fitzpatrick - Terence Sewards
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Bessie Street School - Classroom
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Checking room
- Bates residence
- Playing fields
- Seven years before the introduction of Peter Dudley as Bert Tilsley in Episode 1881 (29th January 1979) as the husband for Ivy, this episode and several others at this time speaks of "Jack" as being her husband and the character appeared in Episode 1534 (29th September 1975) played by Bert Gaunt. The change was made in the late 1970s as fellow factory worker Vera Duckworth constantly spoke of her husband also being called Jack.
- TV Times synopsis: Battles on the football field and in the warehouse.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,400,000 homes (joint 3rd place with Episode 1177).
|April 1972 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|