Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th April 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||24th April 1972|
|Next episode||1st May 1972|
Stan recovers in hospital after being covered with bananas. Johnny Fitzpatrick warns Elsie over the fight and advises her to throw Ivy out. When Rita threatens to tell Terry's dad about him disappearing from the match, Terry threatens to tell him Rita is interested in Ken. Ivy goes out with George Harrop and he invites her to come and live with him. Alan gets Jack to take Ivy back and Elsie tells her to leave No.11. Ivy had decided to turn down George's offer anyway and returns to Jack. Mr Perkins sees pupil Mark Hillkirk writing "Barlamb fancies Terry Bate's Mam" (sic) on the blackboard.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mrs. Bates - Barbara Mullaney
- Terry Bates - John Barratt
- Mark Hillkirk - Mark Adshead
- Mr Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- John Fitzpatrick - Terence Sewards
- George Harrop - John Malcolm
- Susan - Debbie Bowers
- Tommy O'Riley - Tommy Ryan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms, hallway/stairs
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Elsie's office, shop floor
- Bessie Street School - Classroom
- Bates residence
- Last appearance of Ivy Tilsley until 19th August 1974.
- Seven years before the introduction of Peter Dudley as Bert Tilsley in Episode 1881 (29th January 1979) as the husband for Ivy, this episode and several others at this time speaks of "Jack" as being her husband and the character appeared in Episode 1534 (29th September 1975) played by Bert Gaunt. The change was made in the late 1970s as fellow factory worker Vera Duckworth constantly spoke of her husband also being called Jack.
- TV Times synopsis: Alan takes action over Ivy - and Terry Bates hits back at Ken.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,400,000 homes (joint 3rd place with Episode 1176).
|April 1972 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|