|ITV transmission date||1st May 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||26th April 1972|
|Next episode||3rd May 1972|
Archie Crabtree, Hilda's brother turns up to look after her while Stan is in hospital. He is as lazy as Stan. Wilfred Perkins warns Ken about his involvement with Rita. Maggie starts to feel lonely. Alf thinks she should take a break. Hilda has plans for the outside of No.13 with Archie staying. Rita turns up at the Rovers. Hilda and Archie decide on a porch. Terry Bates tells Rita about Perkins wanting to see her and she goes off to school.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Mrs. Bates - Barbara Mullaney
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Mark Hillkirk - Mark Adshead
- Mr Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Archie Crabtree - John Stratton
- Terry Bates - John Barratt (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Corner Shop - Shop, back room
- Bessie Street School - Classroom
- TV Times synopsis: Mr. Perkins wonders about Ken and Rita Bates.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (8th place).
Maggie Clegg: "I've started lying awake at night thinking of all the things I've never done, all the places I haven't been to, and some of the daft things I 'av done."
|May 1972 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st