Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th May 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||3rd May 1972|
|Next episode||10th May 1972|
Len arranges to see Rita again. Archie is proud as the porch nears completion. Albert complains that the Corner Shop is closed with Maggie away. Councillor Warburton calls on Len and is annoyed when he won't back a housing plan to do up a building in a run-down area, Len preferring a series of old people’s bungalows. Lucille worries about a dental appointment. Len arrives at Harry Bates’s house to return a scarf that Rita left in his van. They flirt. Betty thinks that someone should tell Archie about the need for planning permission. Len tells Jerry and Ray to stay out of the house that evening as he’s entertaining a lady but to tidy up before they go. Ray delays going until Rita arrives so he can see who his woman is. Rita tells Len that her husband is away often working on building motorways. She obviously isn’t happy in her marriage. Len tells her how much he likes her but Alf interrupts them. He tells Len that Warburton is out for his guts. Rita is surprised to find that Len is a councillor. Billy suddenly realises that the shop and, more importantly its flat are empty. Archie completes the porch. Hilda is pleased and tries to show it off to the neighbours but Jerry and Ray tell her they'll need planning permission and they’ll probably be told to demolish it.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Bates - Barbara Mullaney
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Harry Bates's house - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Living it up at Nine - and being brought down to earth at Number 13.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (7th place).
|May 1972 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st