Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th May 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||15th May 1972|
|Next episode||22nd May 1972|
Stan celebrates his fiftieth birthday in hospital. Sid Bolton tells Billy the brewery is interested in modernising the Rovers but they need a landlord with modern ideas. The Bates are offered a flat but need a marriage certificate and they reveal to Len that they are not really married - and Harry Bates has a wife. Len refuses to pull strings for them and is annoyed at being lied to. Hilda gets a telegram revealing that Stan is on his way home. Hilda tells Archie he'll have to leave. Ernie pushes ahead with the Street band idea. Harry Bates kicks Rita out and she dumps herself on Len.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rita Bates - Barbara Mullaney
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Langton - Yard
- When Rita tells Len she isn't married to Harry Bates, she gives her real name as "Rita Foster", instead of "Rita Littlewood". She remains credited as "Rita Bates" until Episode 1194 (26th June 1972).
- This was Brian Armstrong's final episode as producer.
- TV Times synopsis: A shock for Len from Rita and Harry Bates.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (joint 7th place with Episode 1182).
|May 1972 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st