Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th June 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||5th June 1972|
|Next episode||12th June 1972|
Ned Fox gives Elsie a cheque for £296. He advises her to take out insurance but she's already made plans for the money. Ray chats Sue Silcock up but she doesn't give anything away. Len and Jerry take the mickey. Ernie and Emily struggle to find anyone interested in helping out at the senior citizens' concert. They manage to rope in Ken. Maggie and Ritchie Levitt think Norma is being hard on her father, Jacko Ford. Ray fixes Sue's car so that it doesn't work. He then "repairs" it for her. He seems to have got lucky when Sue lets him accompany her in a spin round the block to make sure. Ena plays piano for the silent movie until the film breaks, but the Bishops and Ken enjoy it more than the old folks. Len and Jerry finish the job at Silcock's. Ray makes a date with Sue so the men pay up. Norma goes to prison to visit her father.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ned Fox - Roger Avon
- Sue Silcock - Angela Scoular
- Ritchie Levitt - Trevor Bannister
- Mr Arnthorpe - Fred Crossley
- Mrs Arnthorpe - May Warden
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Community Centre - Large hall
- Silcock's Shirts - Yard, interior
- Strangeways Jail - Visitor entrance
- A woman outside the prison who spoke to Norma Ford is uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: Norma talks about her father, and Ray sets out to win a bet.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (9th place).
|June 1972 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|