|ITV transmission date||29th January 1962 (Monday)|
|Writer|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||24th January 1962|
|Next episode||31st January 1962|
Concepta is horrified when Harry feeds Lucky Lolita steak and port. Len organises a minibus to see Lucky race. Elsie saves up £5 towards a Spanish holiday. Harry spends the housekeeping on entering Lucky for a race. Ken asks some of the residents about their drinking habits. Lucky wins her first race. The residents start to put their money on her for the next one. Minnie and Martha persuade Ena to let them go to the race. Dennis steals Elsie's holiday money to put on Lucky.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- TV Times synopsis: Harry Hewitt embarks on a sporting career and the Rovers plans another outing for Harry's supporters. Dennis, unwilling to miss an opportunity, takes a dangerous chance with a little something which Elsie has put by for a rainy day.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,331,000 homes (1st place, and the programme's highest figure to date).
|January 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st