Ritchie Levitt tells Maggie he has good news for Norma about her dad. Ray and Sue get caught in the rain at Heaton Park. Hilda finds out about what Elsie is having done at No.11 when she sees the bath getting taken in. Elsie wants black wallpaper in the bathroom. Norma discovers Jacko is coming out next week and knows where she lives. Sue takes Ray home to meet her father Tommy and he and Ray take the mickey out of Sue's poshness. Hilda and Elsie argue over Hilda's snide comments about the bathroom suite. Maggie realises Norma is lying to her when she denies seeing Ritchie. Maggie tells her she can't believe anything she says as her stories about her dad are full of inconsistencies. When Maggie threatens her with the sack, Norma admits that her dad is not in a miner's home but in Strangeways.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and bathroom
- Corner Shop
- Heaton Park
- Silcock residence
- This episode carries no director credit, either on-screen or in TV Times.
- Location filming was carried out at Heaton Park in Manchester for the scenes with Ray and Sue Silcock. The setting is not explicitly named although Heaton Park's Temple is seen prominently.
- TV Times synopsis: Norma gets good news.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (8th place).
|June 1972 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|