Tommy Silcock finds out more about Ray. He hears from Annie that he has a dubious past. Jerry is bitter that he takes his job more seriously than Ray but isn't a partner. Norma rows with the customers in an attempt to get Maggie to sack her but Maggie refuses to. Len is honest with Tommy about Ray's past but tells him how he's turned himself around and just works all the harder after he's taken a knock. Norma tells Maggie how having a father like Jacko ruins her relationships whether she is honest or lies about him being in prison. Annie considers taking another cruise but Billy also wants to go on holiday soon. Tommy tells Ray he'd like him for a son-in-law as he reminds him of himself. Jacko turns up and Maggie tells Norma he can stay.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mrs Toft - Beatrice Neild
- Sue Silcock - Angela Scoular
- Tommy Silcock - Ivor Roberts
- Giles Platting - Trevor Adams
- Jacko Ford - Robert Keegan
- TV Times synopsis: Ray finds an ally in his pursuit of Sue Silcock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,300,000 homes (8th place).
|June 1972 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|