Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th June 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||21st June 1972|
|Next episode||28th June 1972|
Annie puts up a poster for Preston Guild and gets annoyed when Albert corrects her on the history of the event. Stan thinks two men are pinching his customers and goes on the warpath. Billy plans a holiday abroad. Len gets tickets from Alec Gilroy for the opening of the new Victoria Street Working Men's Club and invites Elsie and Alan. Len tells Elsie it's a swish place and she decides she needs a new dress for it. Minnie and Albert are both interested in the Guild and she asks Ken to organise a coach trip there. He refuses and suggests Albert instead. Elsie is very overdressed at the club to her embarrassment. Len is shocked when Rita is introduced singing on stage, though Elsie thinks he knew all along that she'd be there. After her set, Len helps her when she is bothered by a drunk man. Bet tells Ray about the two men who have pinched Stan's round. Len brings Rita to his table. Elsie is cold with her. Rita says she hasn't been with Harry Bates and his family for two months. Ray tells Stan the violent Henshaw brothers, Bert and Fred, have pinched his patch but Stan doesn't believe they exist. Albert gets people to sign up for the trip. Bet tells Stan that the Henshaw brothers have been looking for him. He thinks they're winding him up but he finds the two men concerned waiting for him when he arrives home.
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Victoria Street Working Men's Club
- First appearance of Alec Gilroy.
- Rita is credited as "Rita Littlewood" from this episode onwards.
- The usual theme music is replaced for the end of part one by Barbara Mullaney singing I Enjoy Being a Girl and for the start of part two by It's Impossible.
- TV Times synopsis: Surprise meetings for Len and Stan.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (7th place).
Rita Littlewood: "They named a sherry trifle after me at one Labour Club I played."
|June 1972 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|