A shaken Elsie rushes into the Rovers and tells Alan, Ken and Billy that she thinks she's disturbed the Peeping Tom in her back yard. Hilda buys a pair of binoculars. Benny questions Rita about Len's treatment of her. Hilda keeps watch on the area from the upstairs windows. Ernie tells Elsie and Emily they ought to form a vigilante committee to patrol the area. He goes to the Rovers to get the menfolk to form one. Ken and Billy agree to join him. Rita tells Len that Benny is always asking questions about him as he's interested in her. Ernie, Emily, Ken, Alan and Elsie meet and discuss tactics. Ray and Jerry don't take the idea of Ernie's committee seriously but go along to see what they're saying. Albert decides to join in as well to give them the benefit of his military experience. Len joins Benny at his flat for a curry. Len tells him he has a lot to offer women. Albert bores the committee with his war talk. They agree to patrol in pairs. Ken counsels no rough stuff but Alan's face shows that his disagrees. Benny asks Len how serious he is about Rita. He tells him he isn't. Benny rings Rita and passes on what Len just said. She's hurt. The committee catches Stan down the backing and think he's the Peeping Tom.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back yard
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Benny Lewis's flat - Living room
- Rita Littlewood's flat - Hallway
- Kathy Jones appears as an extra in the Rovers a year before making her debut as Tricia Hopkins.
- The ginnel and yards of Coronation Street were constucted in the studio as they had not yet been built onto the back of the Grape Street set at the time that this episode was recorded.
- TV Times synopsis: Alan and Ernest take steps to trap the Peeping Tom.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,815,000 homes (9th place).
|August 1972 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|