Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th August 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||9th August 1972|
|Next episode||16th August 1972|
The residents of the Street turn on Stan who protests his innocence. Jerry calls him sick. Len tells Rita to choose between him and Benny. The residents decide not to call in the police over Stan. Hilda sticks by him. Benny asks Rita to marry him and she accepts him. Hilda angrily tells the residents what she thinks of them and spits on the Rovers' floor. PC Conway tells the residents they've caught the real peeping Tom in Bessie Street.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Benny Lewis's flat - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: The Street shuns Stan - and Rita rows with Len.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,981,000 homes (7th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|August 1972 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|