|ITV transmission date||5th February 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||31st January 1962|
|Next episode||7th February 1962|
Dennis shares his £32 winnings with Elsie. The residents' pipes freeze and the coal man doesn't arrive. Dennis agrees to defrost Minnie's pipes with a blow torch for two buckets of coal as Elsie chops up the furniture for heat. The heat of the blowtorch makes the pipes burst and Minnie's house is flooded.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner finds something unexpected in the kitty and Dennis has to confess the truth. There is a freeze-up at Minnie Caldwell's and once again the ever-helpful Dennis Tanner goes along to lend a hand - with surprising results.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,660,000 homes (2nd place).
|February 1962 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|