|ITV transmission date||23rd August 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||21st August 1972|
|Next episode||28th August 1972|
Maggie realises Alf is avoiding her. Nellie Harvey discovers all the tickets for the Preston Guild have been taken. Len is annoyed at the continuous congratulations on his supposed wedding. Norma tells Maggie about the ad in the personal column she placed for her when she receives some unexpected letters. Maggie realises Lucille knows all about it. Rita tells Len that she tried to give the ring back to Benny but he told her to keep it. Nellie tells Annie that she was voted by the Weatherfield LVA to give a presentation to the Preston branch to mark the Guild so she couldn't therefore give up her ticket to Ethne Willoughby. Annie gives up her ticket for Ethne. Maggie gets a letter from a Ron Cooke and is unsure about getting in touch with him although she finds his letter charming.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- TV Times synopsis: In which Maggie is surprised to find she has advertised for a male companion.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,660,000 homes (6th place).
|August 1972 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|