Phyllis Roberts goes into a coma. Maggie introduces Alf to Ron Cooke. The Howards drop out of the Preston Guild trip so Billy takes a ticket. Ron takes Maggie to Heaton Park. They learn a lot about each other. Norma agrees to go to the Preston Guild with Jerry. Hilda gives up hers and Stan's tickets as a gesture of kindness, only to buy them back - they have the moral high ground. Ron tells Maggie he's an alcoholic and asks her for help.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop - Shop, back room
- Heaton Park
- TV Times synopsis: The Street prepares for the Big Day Out.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,231,000 homes (7th place).
|August 1972 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|