Ena, Minnie, Bet, Betty, Albert, Billy, Ray, Jerry, Norma, Edna, Stan and Hilda go to the Preston Guild. Maggie doesn't know what to do about Ron Cooke but doesn't want to be on her own again. The Lomaxes, Colin, Karen and baby Jason, arrive from Hartlepool to visit Ena. Lucille tells them that she won't be back before ten. They wait in the Rovers but Annie is cold to them as she doesn't believe they're related to Ena and doesn't like them bringing a baby in with them. They put Jason outside. Maggie writes a letter telling Ron she can't take him on. He turns up before she can give it to him so she tells him in person. The coach arrives at Preston. Jason is taken from outside the Rovers.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Colin Lomax - Alec Sabin
- Karen Lomax - Rosalind Elliott
- Ron Cooke - Eric Lander (Credited as "Ronald Cook")
- Jason Lomax - Samantha Ferguson (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Corner Shop - and back room
- Weatherfield to Preston route including roads in Belmont, country roads
- Preston Guild
- The scenes of the coach travelling to Preston were set to incidental music.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena's great-grandson turns up - and vanishes!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,121,000 homes (6th place).
Maggie Clegg: "Maggie Clegg attracts alcoholics like iron filings to a magnet, must be me own special brand of charm."
Elsie Howard: “Look Maggie, all you've got to go on in this world is what is, not ifs, buts, or maybe, and what is is a bloke you like, you can get on with and you can talk to, and they're not so many to the pound these days.”
|September 1972 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|