Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th September 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||11th September 1972|
|Next episode||18th September 1972|
Emily and Betty can't bring themselves to look in the pram for fear of what they might find. Betty rings the police from a call box. Sgt Conway and Det Sgt Simms take the report seriously. Karen Lomax can't sleep and Ena sends Minnie out for some brandy. Det Insp Patterson tells Conway and Simms not to touch the pram until he gets there. Annie gives Minnie the brandy on the house. Betty rings Billy with her news. Minnie overhears him and rushes back to tell all at No.5. Jerry offers to drive the Lomaxes there in his van. They get there just before Patterson. He stops Karen running for the pram and looks in it himself, finding Jason alive and well. Annie is relieved to hear the news. Patterson tells the residents that his job isn't over as they need to find the kidnapper. He berates Jerry for bringing the Lomaxes out, not knowing what they might have found and questions Betty about what she saw. He thinks the pram was put there to be deliberately found. Billy invites Ena, Minnie and the Lomaxes to the Rovers for a celebration. The police close the mobile HQ. Annie worries that people are blaming her for not allowing the baby into the Rovers. Ena and Minnie go to the pub where she thanks the residents for their help, and leads them in a hymn to God on the piano. Annie takes it badly when Ena hands her the brandy back, although there's no malicious intent. Karen wants to go home but they haven't enough for the fare. Alan drives them home. Annie takes to her bed, unable to forgive herself.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Colin Lomax - Alec Sabin
- Karen Lomax - Rosalind Elliott
- Det. Ins. Patterson - Tony Steedman
- Det. Sgt. Simms - John Nightingale
- Sgt. Conway - Colin Edwynn
- Jason Lomax - Samantha Jane Ferguson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Mobile police HQ, Victoria Street
- Croft near Commercial Road and Selby Street
- TV Times synopsis: The search ends, but Annie's agony begins.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,630,000 homes (5th place).
|September 1972 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|