Maggie is upset that Alf hasn't told her about Phyllis' death. Tommy and Dirty Dick try to lure Dolores to them in the Street in a witnessed contest to see who she regards as her true owner but Dolores goes to sleep. Alf tells Maggie that he can't see so much of her because of his feelings towards her. Tommy gives Dolores to Dick. Dr. Mitchell tells Billy they have to get Annie up and about.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tommy Deakin - Paddy Joyce
- Dirty Dick - Talfryn Thomas
- Dr. Mitchell - Moultrie Kelsall
- Photographer - Paul Copley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and living quarters
- One year before her credited debut as Tricia Hopkins, Kathy Jones is seen as one of the extras in the scene of the contest in the Street for the ownership of Dolores. Elizabeth Dawn, two years before she debuts as Vera Duckworth, also appears in the same scene.
- TV Times synopsis: High noon in the Street - Dolores the donkey decides.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,218,000 homes (14th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|September 1972 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|