Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd October 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||27th September 1972|
|Next episode||4th October 1972|
Norma decides to ask Ken for private lessons in English Literature. Rita tells Len that her landlady Lena Norris has told her that she can't have men visitors after 9pm. Albert takes to his bed with his old war wound. Maggie worries that Norma is setting herself up for heartbreak. Jerry warns Len that Rita has given up a lot for him and hasn't gotten much back. Ken agrees to teach Norma for 50p an hour and gets her to keep Albert company in exchange. Ray takes Mandy Taylor out and she spends all his money. Len gets rid of Jerry to entertain Rita at No.9. Jerry decides he wants a relationship with Norma and puts on his best suit to ask her out. Norma dresses up for her first lesson. Ena shows Bet how to crochet. Jerry interrupts Len and Rita just as they get amorous on the sofa.
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Langton
- TV Times synopsis: Norma baits the trap.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,200,000 homes (4th place).
Ena Sharples: “What are you making?”
Bet Lynch: “A frock. Do you think it's a bit ambitious for a first try?”
Ena Sharples: “Oh, no. The length you wear them another three rows on that and you'll have done the skirt.”
|October 1972 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|