Stan has alcoholic poisoning. Hilda discovers that his mates have bet against him and she fires him up. At the Pub Olympics Stan wins the beer drinking, Betty wins the darts contest, Ena wins dominoes but Jacko loses at crib and Len loses at billiards. Franny Slater tells Sharon Duffy the truth about Ray's penthouse. The Rovers win the Olympics. Annie gets a call from Concepta Hewitt saying she's arriving for a visit. Sharon persuades Ray to give her the key to the flat.
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Sharon Duffy - Susan Littler
- Jacko Ford - Robert Keegan
- Franny Slater - Michael Angelis
- Johnny Owen - Terence Davies
- Eric Blunt - Roger Hulme
- Jonty Chataway - Joe Holmes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Community Centre - Small hall
- The Flying Horse
- TV Times synopsis: Rovers clash with the Flying Horse in the Pub Pentathlon.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (11th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|October 1972 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|