|ITV transmission date||23rd October 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||18th October 1972|
|Next episode||25th October 1972|
Jimmy Frazer tries to interest Alan into starting to sell used cars. Franny Slater takes a copy of Ray's key to Benny Lewis's flat. Billy offers Jacko his job back at the Rovers. Jacko turns it down at first but then accepts. Concepta arrives to stay with Annie and Lucille. She announces herself at the Rovers while Lucille is having a trivial argument with Billy. Alan is tempted by Jimmy's offer as he wants to make a name for himself. Hilda shows Jacko round Benny's flat. Sharon Duffy wants Ray to take the blame for the robbery Franny is planning but he wants to stick it on Jacko. Sharon is worried about being caught. Albert gives everyone tips at the Betting Shop. Concepta is happy that everyone is still the same and shows off the latest pictures of Christopher, revealing that she is thinking about sending him to school in England. Franny tells Sharon that Jacko was shooting his mouth off about being skint in the Betting Shop so it'll be suspicious if he's found with a fortune on him. Concepta reveals she's getting married to a younger man - Sean Regan.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sharon Duffy - Susan Littler
- Franny Slater - Michael Angelis
- Jimmy Frazer - John Barrie
- Jacko Ford - Robert Keegan
- Brenda Shaw - Danni Marks
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room, hallway/stairs
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Betting Shop
- The Vine
- First appearance of Concepta Hewitt since 13th September 1967.
- TV Times synopsis: Concepta Hewitt revisits the Rovers - bringing news.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,150,000 homes (6th place).
|October 1972 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|