Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th November 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||1st November 1972|
|Next episode||8th November 1972|
Ray is worried sick. Sean is chirpy at the breakfast table. Billy assures Concepta that he likes Sean. Bet arrives to collect her wages and makes a cryptic remark to Lucille about Sean. Having been phoned by Len, Det Insp Patterson turns up at the yard and interviews Ray. He tells him about Sharon Duffy. To Len's fury, Patterson insists that No.9 and the yard are searched. Norma is convinced Jacko was involved. Hilda overhears Jacko telling Emily that the burglary was an inside job and remembers letting him in there. Lucille asks Bet to explain her remark about Sean. She tells her about him making a pass at her. Hilda can't remember if she left Jacko alone in the flat. Lucille is cold towards Sean again. Ray and Len row about Ray's stupidity and the damage he's done the firm's reputation. Alan and Elsie meet Jimmy Frazer at the Canal Garage and they go out for a meal. Benny sacks Len. Rita takes him to task for it. Annie assures Concepta that everyone approves of her and Sean. Lucille lies that she does too but Annie sees that something is wrong. Maggie and Norma hear that Ray is under suspicion. Hilda decides to "do her duty" and tell Patterson about Jacko. Ray tells Jerry that the game is up for him and he might as well scarper.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Sean Regan - Tony Doyle
- Det. Inspector Patterson - Tony Steedman
- Jacko Ford - Robert Keegan
- Jimmy Frazer - John Barrie
- Benny Lewis - Jeremy Young
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Fairclough and Langton - Office and yard
- Canal Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Ray finds he is on the spot over the penthouse "job".
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,150,000 homes (5th place).
|November 1972 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|