|ITV transmission date||8th November 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||6th November 1972|
|Next episode||13th November 1972|
Hilda tells Stan that she's caught up with Patterson and told him about Jacko. Lucille tells Bet she can't bring herself to tell Concepta about Sean. Norma is shocked when Patterson comes into the Rovers looking for Jacko as he wants to take him to the station for questioning. She begs him not to walk him out in front of everyone. He agrees and waits in the car for him. Norma breaks down after she's passed the message on. Patterson interviews Jacko at the shop and insists on searching the premises. Ray comes into the Rovers but Len refuses to have a drink with him. The next morning, Jacko tells Norma the truth about getting the £30 from Freddie Slack. She's shocked to hear that some of his past sentences were for crimes he didn't commit. Concepta asks Lucille for her blessing and to be her bridesmaid. She tells her how lonely she's been since Harry died and how much she needs a man to cling on to. Lucille happily gives her blessing. Len gives Benny his flat key back. Len tells Ray he wants an end to their partnership. When he accuses Ray of the robbery, they go for each other and Jerry has to separate them. He threatens to leave if Ray goes. Alan and Jimmy Frazer enter into a 50/50 partnership. Concepta and Sean go back to Ireland. Patterson arrests Jacko and takes him away. Norma breaks down. Rita tells Len he won't have time to run the yard and be a councillor. She makes him buy Ray and Jerry a drink. Frazer starts to crack the whip with Alan threatening long working hours.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Sean Regan - Tony Doyle
- Det. Inspector Patterson - Tony Steedman
- Jacko Ford - Robert Keegan
- Jimmy Frazer - John Barrie
- Benny Lewis - Jeremy Young
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Fairclough and Langton - Office and yard
- Canal Garage
- Last appearance of Concepta Hewitt until 29th December 1975.
- Annie Walker, Concepta Hewitt and Emily Bishop disuss appearing in Lady Lawson Loses. This references the events in Episode 212 (24th December 1962).
- TV Times synopsis: A partnership begins - and a visit ends.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,600,000 homes (15th place).
|November 1972 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|