Len asks Benny to drop Rita from The Capricorn. He refuses. Ken gets Vine barmaid Brenda to find out Sharon Duffy's whereabouts. Alan, Benny and Rita hold auditions for dolly birds, hostesses and strippers at Benny's flat as the decorators are still at the club. Billy, Albert and Stan gatecrash. Edna Gee auditions for a job as hostess but Alan is not in favour. Len asks Rita to drop the idea of being hostess. She wonders why he's changed his mind. Alderman Rogers tells Alf he's backing him for Mayor of Weatherfield. Brenda tells Ken that Sharon is in London with Franny Slater. She remembers that Sharon and Franny had a row on the night of the break-in. Len tells Alf he's up for Mayor. Alf doesn't let on that he's up for the role.
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jimmy Frazer - John Barrie
- Benny Lewis - Jeremy Young
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Alderman Rogers - Robert Dorning
- Brenda - Danni Marks (Credited as "Dani Marks")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Benny Lewis's flat
- The Vine pub
- The writer of this episode, Stanley Wood, was the father of the famous comedian Victoria Wood. His main occupation was an insurance salesman and writing was a part-time interest.
- TV Times synopsis: Auditions and investigations.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,950,000 homes (9th place).
Hilda Ogden: "Next thing you know, it'll be drugs - LSD and cannibals."
|November 1972 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|