|ITV transmission date||29th November 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||27th November 1972|
|Next episode||4th December 1972|
Tommy and Dirty Dick are served with notice to quit the stable. Alf and Len bend over backwards to be nice to people. Maggie tells Ken that Norma is vulnerable. Hilda is annoyed that she is paid the same as Bessie Proctor when she is senior cleaner. Billy and Rita embarrass Len in front of Mayor Alderman Chapman at the opening of The Capricorn. Rita gets into a fight with a drunken woman and ends up on Chapman's lap, all to the delight of Alf and Alderman Rogers.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Benny Lewis - Jeremy Young
- Bessie Proctor - Jill Summers
- Mayor Alderman Chapman - Frank Crompton
- Alderman Rogers - Robert Dorning
- Tipsy Woman - Meg Johnson
- The Derek Hilton Trio
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Corner shop flat - Living room
- The Capricorn
- Jill Summers makes a pre-Phyllis Pearce appearance as Bessie Proctor.
- Meg Johnson makes a pre-Eunice Nuttall appearance as the Tipsy Woman at The Capricorn club.
- Kathy Jones appears as a barmaid at The Capricorn, ten months before her debut as Tricia Hopkins.
- TV Times synopsis: Punch-up at Club Capricorn.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,224,000 homes (8th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|November 1972 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|