|ITV transmission date||13th December 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||11th December 1972|
|Next episode||18th December 1972|
Alf provides new decorations for the Community Centre. Ken is affectionate towards Norma. Hilda tells Stan that if he retires he can take on the housework. Rita carries Alan home in the early hours. She takes his keys and gives them to Billy in the morning. Bet and Norma want to be The Andrews Sisters for the 40's night but need another sister. Ena plans to sing They'll Always Be an England. Billy gives the keys to Elsie thinking they're the club keys. Norma plans to cook Christmas dinner at No.1. Elsie gives the keys back to Alan, viciously, wondering what he was doing with Rita.
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- The Derek Hilton Trio are the band playing at The Capricorn club.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda gets a "housekeeper."
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,971,000 homes (6th place).
|December 1972 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|