Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th December 1972 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||13th December 1972|
|Next episode||20th December 1972|
Stan does all the housework quite happily. Hilda is proud of him. Alan tries to make Elsie see there's nothing between him and Rita. He tells her he's scared that he's losing her. Albert tells Ken he has to sort Norma out. Emily agrees to Ena singing The White Cliffs of Dover not knowing that Ernie has told Annie she can sing it. Hilda buys a moving oil lamp, and electric tongs for the house. Stan spends his money on drink and neither of them have enough for the housekeeping. The Bishops get Ena and Annie together, hoping one of them will choose another song but they want the Bishops to decide. Alan refuses to give Hilda a sub as Rita isn't happy with her work. Hilda insinuates that Alan is seeing Rita and is sacked by Alan. Hilda reveals she signed up for a fridge on Hire Purchase. Ken reads a poem to Norma to make her see what he thinks of her but is interrupted half-way through, leaving Norma with the wrong impression. Maggie overhears Hilda telling Stan about Alan having a fancy piece.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre - Meeting room
- TV Times synopsis: The "boot" for Hilda and a present for Stan.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,068,000 homes (9th place).
|December 1972 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|