Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd January 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||17th January 1973|
|Next episode||24th January 1973|
Ena is due back from St. Annes and Minnie stocks up for her. Maggie tells Alf she's worried about what happens to the Corner Shop if she's Mayoress. Annie tells Bet she's been an excellent employee but it's to butter her up as she thinks she's going to be Mayoress and wants her continued support behind the bar. Clive Shawcross, a journalist, calls into the Rovers, investigating Jacko's case for the Gazette. Annie tells him she always believed in his innocence, much to Lucille's amusement. Len decides to take a job in Huddersfield to get away from the area. Shawcross interviews Jacko who's upset to hear that he won't be paid by the paper. Minnie cleans the Community Centre flat and finds an old letter. Lucille tells Maggie that Alf has asked Annie to be his Mayoress. Ena returns to a very cold welcome from Minnie. Maggie tells Alf what Annie thinks and he realises that it's because he complimented her as hostess at his party. Maggie thinks Annie would be good in the role but Alf is determined to stop the idea dead. Norma asks Len to find a job for Jacko. Annie stalls Alf when she gives him some friendly advice and tells him to take his time before making any decisions. Lucille asks Ena how she feels about Christine Peters being put put on probation but Ena isn't vengeful. She asks Lucille if there's anything wrong with Minnie. Alf threatens to announce his Mayoress to the papers to twists Maggie's arm but she stops him. Jacko is pleased with the write-up in the Gazette. Rita agrees to go to the pictures with Ray, annoying Len when Elsie tells him.
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Community Centre flat
- Fairclough and Langton - Office and yard
- TV Times synopsis: In which Minnie makes an unwelcome discovery
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,182,000 homes (6th place).
|January 1973 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st