Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th March 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||5th March 1973|
|Next episode||12th March 1973|
Reporter Clive Shawcross investigates Albert's plight. Hilda is all too happy to tell him a local firm of plumbers might be responsible. Jerry hides away as he blames himself. Billy pushes Bet and Betty too hard at the Rovers. He teases them by saying he's considering becoming a figurehead. Ernie and Emily Bishop are concerned about the low attendance figures at the centre and call a meeting to get ideas from the public. They're dismayed when nobody turns up for it. Len and Ray try to protect Jerry but Jerry tells Clive that he installed the cooker. Minnie, Hilda, Ted Loftus and Mrs Toft join the Bishops at the meeting. Based on their suggestions, the Bishops decide to start creative writing and formation dancing at the centre. Bet and Betty picket the pumps to teach Billy a lesson. He backs down. Clive's story carries the headline "Nosy Neighbour Saves Pensioner" and carries a quote from Hilda. The neighbours blame Hilda for gossiping about the plumbing. News reaches Ken that Beattie Pearson is arriving. Ken reveals the leak was from the old cooker pipe; it wasn't sealed properly.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ted Loftus - Ted Moore
- Sister McKinley - Nell Brennan
- Nurse Brown - Moira Hughes
- Clive Shawcross - Colin Rix
- Mrs Toft - Beatrice Neild
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre - Big hall
- Builder's Yard
- Weatherfield General
- Maggie Clegg (Irene Sutcliffe) is credited, but doesn't appear.
- The end credits for this episode are in a smaller font and play over the right half of the screen, against a camera shot of the Rovers public.
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Patricia Phoenix in the role of Elsie Howard. She was the second actor in the programme to achieve this milestone after Doris Speed in Episode 1252 (15th January 1973).
- TV Times synopsis: Is Jerry guilty?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (5th place).
|March 1973 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|