Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th March 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||14th March 1973|
|Next episode||21st March 1973|
Terry Bates tells Rita they're going to put him in a home. She puts him up for the night. Beattie Pearson refuses Jerry's offer to bring Albert home in his van but she refuses. She gets £5 "compensation" out of him and demands the same every week but he refuses to sign any document promising such. Lucille tries to push Elsie into ringing up the Portsmouth number. Terry confesses he's already been taken into care. Ena overhears Beattie ordering expensive foods in the Corner Shop. Len and Ray fear they may get struck off the CORGI list of approved fitters of gas appliances. Albert comes home and gets annoyed at Beattie's fussing nor the fancy food she has got in. Under pressure from Lucille, Elsie rings the number in Portsmouth and discovers a Mrs Adams lived there during the war and she is the mother-in-law of the woman on the phone. Jerry calls on Albert and Ena gets Beattie out of the way. Albert tells Jerry not to bother himself over the gassing and gives a grateful Minnie a brooch for raising the alarm. Ray tells Jerry he was barmy for giving Beattie money. Rita asks Ken for help. She tells him that Terry's run away and she wants to foster him but Ken tells her the authorities will need to be brought in as the court ordered him to be put in care after a series of incidents. Norma and Maggie are furious to hear that Beattie is draining Jerry of money and think that somebody ought to stop it. Lucille persuades the lady in Portsmouth to send an old photo of Mrs Adams to Elsie. Social worker Vincent Baxter calls on Rita to see if she's seen Terry. She lies to him, saying that she hasn't seen the lad for months. She admits to Terry that she doesn't know what's going to happen to him.
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Rita Littlewood's bedsit and communal hallway
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Littlewood finds a fugitive on her doorstep.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,200,000 homes (3rd place).
|March 1973 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|