|ITV transmission date||26th March 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||June Wyndham Davies|
|Previous episode||21st March 1973|
|Next episode||28th March 1973|
With Elsie away at Linda's, Annie worries about Lucille being in No.11 with Alan. Rita enquires about jobs at the warehouse. Maggie is embarrassed when Norma asks customers if they're "lover boy". CORGI clears the Yard over the gas leak. Annie has Billy's bedroom decorated by Fairclough and Langton to get him to stay at No.11 as well. Ray insists they get to decorate the public as well to make it worth their while. Mike Ritchie arrives at the shop from the States. He is someone who Maggie had a romantic attachment with some years before. Maggie is happy to see him. Billy plans a wild night at No.11 with girlfriend Julie Quinn and asks her to bring a friend for Alan. He persuades Lucille to stay with Lorraine Binks for the night. The hotels are booked up so Annie takes Mike in for the night, horrifying Lucille who says Maggie has a date with Alf so that leaves Mike with alone with Annie. Out of concern for Annie, she returns to the Rovers. Billy entertains Julie but, sensing trouble, Alan is not delighted to meet her friend - Deirdre Hunt.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Hunt - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Dierdre Hunt")
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and accommodation
- First appearance of Deirdre Hunt since her debut episode on 20th November 1972.
- In an error in the credits Jennifer Moss as Lucille Hewitt is listed twice.
- TV Times synopsis: "Lover Boy" turns up in Maggie Clegg's life again…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,090,000 homes (8th place).
|March 1973 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|