Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th April 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||2nd April 1973|
|Next episode||9th April 1973|
Annie won't come out of her bedroom while the Rovers decorating proceeds, albeit slowly. Rita can't find another job. Billy makes a joke about her working with Ernie but Len takes it seriously. Alf worries about Mike Ritchie. Elsie and Alan aren't talking to each other and Lucille is caught in the middle, passing on messages. Mike gives Ernie a load of films to develop but Ernie is still depressed about the business. Len suggests that Rita could work for him as a model but is refused. Maggie makes Elsie think that Alan could be innocent of doing anything wrong. Maggie refuses Mike's offer of lunch but asks him to tell Elsie the truth of what happened at the party. He agrees. Norma tells Maggie that she always puts the shutters up anytime that a man shows an interest in her. Lucille asks Jerry to speak with Elsie. He reluctantly agrees. Alf bickers with Mike in the pub about life in the United States. Ena tells Mike that Alf is interested in Maggie. Elsie invites Mike and Maggie to supper. Jerry tells Elsie the truth about events and she allows Alan to tell her his side. Annie tells Betty that she's called in an elocution teacher for public speaking lessons. Ernie takes Rita on as a roving photographer, contacting people who announced their babies' births in the Gazette six months before and offering to photograph them. Mike tells Maggie he might not be returning to the USA. Ernie tells Emily of "his" roving idea. She thinks it's a great job for herself, not knowing that Rita has already been employed.
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop and back room
- Camera Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Who will get Alan out of the doghouse - and Ernest out of the red?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,481,000 homes (5th place).
|April 1973 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|