Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th May 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||7th May 1973|
|Next episode||14th May 1973|
Albert complains at the slow service in the Rovers and Hilda complains at the lack of pies as Bet struggles alone behind the bar. The installation ceremony concludes. Annie is touched when Ena presents her with a bouquet on behalf of all the Coronation Street residents. A drinks reception is held for the attendees. Lucille agrees to be Concepta's bridesmaid at her wedding in Ireland. Annie asks Alf if they can be on first name terms from now onwards. Billy loses on the horses. Fred Nelson tells Bet that Billy has twenty-four hours to pay up or the Brewery will be informed but Garbutts deliver on time for the Rovers party. Hilda sees Billy in the betting shop and makes pointed comments about him missing him mother's big occasion. Although tired, Annie thoroughly enjoys her day. She's puzzled by Billy's absence. Bet tries to cover for him. Betty still thinks that Maggie should have accepted Alf's offer to be Mayoress. Hilda tells Betty that she saw Billy in the betting shop. Annie feels too busy to attend Concepta's wedding. Billy avoids Annie as the regulars celebrate the installation of the Mayor of Weatherfield with a party in the Rovers. Annie realises that the caterers are different to their usual ones. She asks Bet why. Billy's last horse loses. Hilda tells Annie she saw Billy in the betting shop. She demands to know from Bet what has been going on.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alderman Chapman - Frank Crompton
- Mrs. Bostock - Pearl Hackney
- Macebearer - Al Trincham
- Fred Nelson - Robin Parkinson
- Workman - David Williams
- Delivery Man - Ralph Lawton
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- Corner Shop
- Weatherfield Town Hall - Council chamber and reception room
- Beaker Street betting shop
- Albert Tatlock mentions Walter Biddulph's snack bar, three episodes before that establishment was first seen, when it was sold to Len Fairclough and became the first incarnation of The Kabin.
- TV Times synopsis: Can Billy raise the money before Annie discovers his crime?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,800,000 homes (3rd place).
|May 1973 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|