Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th June 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||30th May 1973|
|Next episode||6th June 1973|
Annie tells the staff of the Rovers she's going away for at least a month. Jerry makes a date with Mavis Riley for the evening after waving to her when he sees her going to work at the Warehouse. Relief manager, Glyn Thomas, turns up but doesn't make himself known immediately, preferring to see how the land lies. Rita is worried that the shop won't be profitable. Annie and Elsie make up their differences. Mavis tells Jerry she's tired of working at the Warehouse. When Len refuses to give Rita an assistant, she tells him that he can keep the job.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- First appearance of Mavis Riley since 5th April 1972 and is now a regular character.
- TV Times synopsis: Who is the new manager of the Rovers?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,450,000 homes (6th place).
|June 1973 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|