Rita tells Elsie the main reason she packed the shop in was Len will have a key to the flat. Ernie starts ballroom dancing at the Community Centre. Ted Loftus asks Hilda to accompany him to it. Jerry offers Mavis the job at the shop but she doesn't like the idea of all the responsibility. Ethel Bostock agrees to stand in as Mayoress during Annie's absence. Len backs down and gives Rita his duplicate key to the flat and promises her an assistant. Rita wants the shop to be called "Rita's" but Len wants it called "The Kabin". Ted wants Hilda to be his dance partner - she agrees. Jerry suggests to Mavis that she apply to be Rita’s assistant. Mavis worries about what Rita is like. Annie leaves the Rovers, being driven off in the Mayoral Rolls.
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Rita gets her own way - with a little help from Elsie.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,800,000 homes (11th place).
|June 1973 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|