Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th June 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||13th June 1973|
|Next episode||20th June 1973|
Hilda sees the dark man again in the teacups. Stan asks her for a borrow but she has no spare change. Bet fusses over getting Glyn his dinner. He makes enquiries from Betty about how interested Billy would be in returning to the Rovers and whether that means Annie would carry on as landlady in his absence. Len and Rita look for paperboys to start deliveries from The Kabin. A shy Jerry asks Mavis round to No.9 to watch television one night. Glyn successfully gets Bet and Betty to push the darts players to order more drinks. Jerry gets tired of the noise, mess and general laziness from Len and Ray in No.9. Betty chats to Minnie in the bar who tells her about Jackie Rigby who used to live at No.9. Glyn gently tells Minnie off for distracting his staff and upsets her. She walks out of the pub in high dudgeon. Albert complains at the lack of books available from the Kabin lending library. Lucille gives Stan Alan’s pools money to pass on to Ray. She then finds Minnie upset on the bench. She tells her about Glyn and how she’s missing Ena. Lucille goes to have it out with Glyn but gets nowhere with him. She’s furious with him when he says that the bad habits in the pub came from Annie’s ways and she knows well what it was to suffer those. Bet also gives Stan her pools money. Jerry asks Len and Ray to give him one free night in the house so he can bring someone home. The wholesalers say that they can deliver early papers for the home deliveries at 5.30am. Rita refuses to get up at that time and says Len can do it. Stan doesn’t hand the pools money over to Ray when he calls. Betty is appalled at the state of the back room in the Rovers. She warns Lucille that Glyn’s getting his feet under the table.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Who is the dark man Hilda sees in the teacups?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,750,000 homes (14th place).
|June 1973 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|