Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th July 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||25th July 1973|
|Next episode||1st August 1973|
An unconscious Elsie is rushed to hospital. Emily wants to help Betty behind the bar of the Rovers but Ernie doesn't approve. Alan tries to get in touch with Sheila when Elsie is late home. Ken stimulates Elaine Perkins by talking about censorship. Elsie has a frontal fracture of the skull and severe concussion and can't be identified. Alan and Len get drunk while waiting for Elsie. Alan manages to get hold of Sheila by telephone at 1am. Not knowing what's going on, Sheila covers for Elsie by telling Alan she missed her train back from Sheffield and is sleeping.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Elaine Perkins - Joanna Lumley
- Mr. Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Dr. Sinha - Madhav Sharma
- Nurse Maclean - Sara Clee
- Sister Delaney - Sheila Bernette
- WPC Tomlin - Jane Sherwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Wilfred Perkins's house
- A street in London
- A London hospital room
- TV Times synopsis: The Howards are spending their wedding anniversary apart.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,200,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1973 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|