Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st August 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||30th July 1973|
|Next episode||6th August 1973|
Elsie is still unconscious in a London hospital. WPC Tomlin circulates her description to the local missing persons lists to find out who she is but there are no matches. Sheila continues to cover for Elsie, saying she has food poisoning. Lucille gets the truth out of her that Elsie isn't with her in Sheffield. Ken discovers Elaine Perkins is involved with a Liberal politician. Lucille tells Len that Elsie is missing, he advises her not to say anything to Alan. Lucille tells lies to Alan and tells him Elsie is unwell in Sheffield. In the morning, she discovers Alan has gone to Sheffield.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Elaine Perkins - Joanna Lumley
- Mr. Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Dr. Sinha - Madhav Sharma
- Nurse Maclean - Sara Clee
- Sister Delaney - Sheila Bernette
- WPC Tomlin - Jane Sherwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Wilfred Perkins's house
- A London hospital room
- The credits at the end of this episode use a black font instead of the usual white.
- TV Times synopsis: Lucille tells a big lie - but will she get away with it?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,300,000 homes (1st place).
|August 1973 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|