|ITV transmission date||12th March 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||7th March 1962|
|Next episode||14th March 1962|
Annie gossips about Concepta's age in the shop. Concepta overhears and is upset. She breaks down, worried about having a baby at her age. Harry returns home early to find her missing. He tracks her down to the Red Rec and reassures her that everything will be alright. Ken does a lot of overtime but Frank discovers that the school is on a half-day.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- TV Times synopsis: Harry cannot understand why Concepta has become so difficult. But matters are made even worse when Concepta overhears some gossip in the Corner Shop which sends her running straight to Annie. While Harry copes with a new domestic problem, Frank becomes puzzled about Kenneth's late-night activities in Bessie Street school.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,791,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1962 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|