|ITV transmission date||12th March 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||7th March 1962|
|Next episode||14th March 1962|
Frank is surprised by the amount of overtime Ken is putting in. Ken shows interest in what the Street was like when Frank and Ida moved in. Concepta shows signs of stress. Ena criticises Annie for making Concepta work while pregnant. Concepta enters the shop while they're gossiping about her age and hears Annie say that it could lead to complications. Concepta is upset and walks out after Florrie announces her. Annie is mortified and blames Ena for dragging her into the conversation. Dennis lies low after the concert fiasco. Annie offers Concepta her sincere apologies but Concepta tells her she was right and it's been preying on her mind. She feels she married too late and will ruin Harry's life. Annie is concerned for her and makes her promise to forget her comments. Harry finishes work early to take Concepta out to the pictures but finds her missing. Ena sees her near the Red Rec and lets him know. Harry finds Concepta on the swings. She cries about having a baby at her age. Harry reveals that he went to the doctor after they got married and was told they have nothing to be frightened of. Concepta is re-assured. The Walkers baby-sit Lucille while they go to the pictures. Frank believes that Ken is doing overtime again but hears from Len that school is on a half-day.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 7 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Red Rec
- The scene where Harry Hewitt finds Concepta at the Red Rec was filmed on location.
- TV Times synopsis: Harry cannot understand why Concepta has become so difficult. But matters are made even worse when Concepta overhears some gossip in the Corner Shop which sends her running straight to Annie. While Harry copes with a new domestic problem, Frank becomes puzzled about Kenneth's late-night activities in Bessie Street school.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,791,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1962 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|