|ITV transmission date||6th August 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||1st August 1973|
|Next episode||8th August 1973|
Len and Lucille wonder if Elsie is playing away. Elsie's picture is circulated in newspapers to help identify her. Bet returns from holidaying in Blackpool. Rita tells Len that Elsie isn't worth worrying about. Wilfred Perkins tries to matchmake between Ken and Elaine. Alan erupts on Lucille when he returns from Sheffield without Elsie, thinking she knows more than she's letting on. She swears she only knows what Sheila told her. Alan apologises and phones friends to trace Elsie. Len suggests Dennis Maxwell. Alan discovers Dennis is now in Manchester. Ken has plans to settle down with Elaine.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elaine Perkins - Joanna Lumley
- Mr. Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Sister Delaney - Sheila Bernette
- Nurse Maclean - Sara Clee
- WPC Tomlin - Jane Sherwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Wilfred Perkins's house
- A London hospital room
- An uncredited speaking part in this episode is Mr Johnson, who is brought to the hospital after recognising Elsie's picture in the newspaper. Mr Johnson thinks she might be his missing wife but on seeing Elsie, tells WPC Tomlin that he doesn't know her.
- TV Times synopsis: What will Alan do when he finds out about Elsie?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1973 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|