Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th August 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||6th August 1973|
|Next episode||13th August 1973|
The warehouse get onto Alan about Elsie's whereabouts. He finds out that she only asked for one day off work. Len believes that Elsie would have been straight with Alan if she was leaving him and wouldn't have left her clothes behind. Ken takes Elaine to a cricket match. Alan gives Elsie's description to the police and asks that she be reported as a missing person. They refuse as she went of her own free will. In London, Elsie is still unconscious but mutters some words in her sleep - "double glazing", "Pentonville", and "Dennis Tanner". The nurses pass this information onto WPC Tomlin. Albert feels lonely as Ken spends so much time with Elaine. Hilda assumes that Elsie has left Alan and starts spreading rumours. Len reminds her that she went missing herself once. The police in London get onto Sgt Daniels in Weatherfield after identifying Elsie. Ken doesn't enjoy the match as Elaine neglects him to chat with friends at the club. They have to cut their outing short when it starts pouring. PC Thompson tells Alan where Elsie is. Len drives him to the train station to join her. At the hospital, he's told that Elsie isn't making much progress and he'll have to be patient.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Elaine Perkins - Joanna Lumley
- Mr. Perkins - Wensley Pithey
- Sister Delaney - Sheila Bernette
- Nurse Maclean - Sara Clee
- WPC Tomlin - Jane Sherwin
- Sergeant Daniels - John Pickles
- PC Thompson - Derek Etchells
- Ticket Inspector - Jim Rutherford (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms, hallway
- Weatherfield Police Station - Interview room
- Wilfred Perkins's house
- Cricket pitch and club bar
- Train carriage
- Unnamed London hospital - Side room and corridor
- Voice clips are played over the scene of Alan Howard on the train to London as he thinks back on his last conversation with Elsie, Len Fairclough joking that Elsie had run off with the milkman, and Sgt Daniels telling him that 75,000 women walk out on their husbands each year.
- TV Times synopsis: The police have news for Alan about Elsie…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (1st place).
|August 1973 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|