Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th August 1973 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||22nd August 1973|
|Next episode||29th August 1973|
Ray decides he's going to be referee at the bowling match. Annie puts Jack's tankard up as a trophy for the winner. Albert and Betty coach their teams (Betty, Rita, Norma and Mavis vs Albert, Ernie, Ken and Jerry), refusing to call it a friendly match. The Howards return. The first heat of the match is a draw so Rita and Ernie have a play off. Rita, in a tight skirt, tries to put Ernie off but he is steadfast and wins. The ladies forfeit is to produce a cabaret in drag.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Norma Ford - Diana Davies
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- TV Times synopsis: A tricky game on the green - and a tricky reception for Elsie in the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 4,900,000 homes (20th place). This Bank Holiday episode gained the lowest ratings of the year of the episodes which made the top twenty.
|August 1973 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|